EPA Teaching Guide Tells Non-English Speakers to Spy on Neighbors, Workplace

(CNSNews.com) – The Environmental Protection Agency has published a teaching guide designed to teach adult non-English speakers the language with a curriculum on environmentalism, including a homework assignment telling students to “observe” their neighbors, school and workplace to see if recycling is taking place.

In the “Teach English, Teach About the Environment,” under the heading “Civic Integration Activity” in the beginner’s level Lesson Plan One on recycling, the following questions are asked:

1. Ask students to observe whether their neighbors recycle their waste.
  2. Ask students to observe whether the school or their workplace recycles waste material.
  3. Ask at the following class what they observed.

In the same lesson, the homework – or “home support activity” – is to calculate how much each student adds to the “waste stream.”

“Have students weigh themselves on their bathroom scale at home,” the guide states. “Then have them weigh themselves with the bag of household garbage thrown out each day. Multiply the weight difference by seven days, 30 days, and 365 days to get a sense of the amount of garbage generated by each student.”

Read more at CNS News. By Penny Starr.

Photo credit: TexasGOPVote.com (Creative Commons)

“Loophole” from Obama’s IRS: Move your IRA or 401(k) to REAL gold and silver … click here to get a NO-COST Info Guide >

Comments

1. Here we go..turning on each other…just like Hitlar!

2. Abolih the EPA. Bunch of idiots costing us billions with their crazy ideas.

Speak Your Mind

Connect with Facebook

*