Gingrich Gives Hayhoe The Heave-Ho From Book Project

Global Warmist Katharine Hayhoe loses Gingrich book project.

Climate Depot reports that Newt Gingrich immediately fired a global warmist professor from his upcoming book project when confronted with evidence of her involvement with the U.N.’s IPCC.

The firing came after a Rush Limbaugh listener heard a report from Climate Depot about the professor’s questionable background. He confronted Gingrich about the professor’s radical background. Gingrich fired the professor on the spot. The professor is Texas Tech professor Katharine Hayhoe.

Here’s more on the story from Climate Depot:

A Limbaugh listener who heard Limbaugh read the Climate Depot report confronted Gingrich about the fact that his upcoming book was set to feature a global warming promoting professor who is affiliated with the UN IPCC. Gingrich immediately backed down and fired the professor on the spot. See Video of Gingrich throw Hayhoe under the bus here.

Below are excerpts from the December 30, 2011 National Journal article:

DES MOINES, Iowa — Newt Gingrich says he has killed a chapter on climate change in a post-election book of essays about the environment. But the intended author of the chapter, who supports the scientific consensus that humans contribute to climate change, says that’s news to her.

Katharine Hayhoe, an atmospheric scientist at Texas Tech, confirmed in an e-mail interview that she had been asked to write a chapter on climate change for the former House speaker’s book. She said she was approached by former Palm Beach Zoo CEO Terry Maple, Gingrich’s coeditor, at an annual meeting of Republicans for Environmental Protection. Asked to confirm her chapter was dropped, she replied, “I had not heard that.”

The climate-change issue arose on Thursday night at a Gingrich campaign stop in Carroll, when a woman expressed concern about the chapter. She said she had heard about it on Rush Limbaugh’s radio program. As she began to tell Gingrich who the author of the piece would be, Gingrich interrupted. “That’s not going to be in the book,” he told her. “We didn’t know that they were doing that, and we told them to kill it.”

Hayhoe, whose husband is an evangelical pastor, recently wrote a book about climate change from an evangelical perspective. In an interview with Christian writer Jonathan Merritt, she left no doubt as to where she stands on the existence or the cause of the phenomenon.

“Among climate scientists—people who spend their lives researching our world—there is no debate regarding the reality of climate change and the fact that humans are the primary cause,” Hayhoe said in the interview. “It is primarily laypeople, such as talk-show hosts, or those with vested interests in maintaining the status quo, who are perpetuating the idea that there is no scientific consensus.”

Limbaugh picked up on those quotes on Dec. 19, including Hayhoe’s poke at talk-show hosts. He called her “one of Newt’s experts” and said she believes in man-made global warming. That no doubt created heartburn for Team Newt.

Access Climate Depot for more information on the radical environmentalist movement and climate change.

“Loophole” from Obama’s IRS: Move your IRA or 401(k) to REAL gold and silver … click here to get a NO-COST Info Guide >

Comments

1. What about China's contribution to polluting the planet? Nothing is being done to them who have more manufacturing plants now than the USA and causing more pollution than the rest of the world. This climate change whore needs to go bark up the correct tree.

Speak Your Mind

Connect with Facebook

*